Thursday is Dad’s Cooking day at our home. Usually I’m not planning ahead, and when time comes, I just open fridge to see what ingredients we have and then I search for an easy and interesting recipe. Today I’ve chosen oven roasted chicken wings in honey-soy-ginger sauce.
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 table spoon of soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- ginger root
- chicken wings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40-45min
- Set oven to 400F and let it preheat
- Find a smallest sauce pan in the house
- Put 1/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of honey into sauce pan and 2 table spoons of soy sauce into the pan. Clean and mince garlic and ginger, throw them into sauce pan.
- Put sauce pan on stove, max heat, stir.
- When it starts boiling, reduce heat to low. Stir some more. Leave it there for 5-7min.
- Strain sauce into a bowl. Let it sit for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Dip wings into the sauce and put them on a baking sheet, no overlap. I usually pour the excess of sauce on top of the wings.
- Put it into oven, when it reaches 400F
- Wait for 40-45min
- Take wings out and enjoy.
We all really liked the meal. Next time I’ll double the wings.